Hydrosol Certification Program
Enhance your Wellbeing and Healing Practice with these Sacred Aromatic Waters.
Join what’s being called “The Quiet Revolution in Herbal Medicine!” Hydrosols, or aromatic waters, are ancient wisdom that’s just being rediscovered. They are powerful, safe and easy to use. If you’re looking for a class that teaches you everything you need to know to use and make hydrosols, our Online Hydrosol Certification Program is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Where hydrosols come from and why they are coming back in force.
- How to use hydrosols therapeutically for yourself and in your practice.
- How to use hydrosols in combination with other medicinal preparations.
- The technical information needed to buy a home still.
- The technical information needed to set up and use a home still.
- Harvesting and preparing plant material for distilling.
- Which plants to use, why and how.
- The energetic and subtle qualities of hydrosols.
- The basics of hydrosol biochemistry.
- How to use hydrosols for skin care.
- How to use hydrosols in the kitchen.
- MODULE ONE:
Introduction to Hydrosols Course Introduction to Hydrosols Course, Hydrosols: a sense of place, Supplies and Resources, Concept of Terrain, Interview with Cathy.
- MODULE TWO:
From Plant to Hydrosol What is a Hydrosol?, The Differences between hydrosols and essential oils, History of Hydrosols, Distillation Overview, The Distillation Process, Collecting and Preserving Hydrosols, Purchasing Hydrosols,The differences between hydrosols and essential oils.
- MODULE THREE
Biochemistry of Hydrosols Biochemistry of Hydrosols, Chemical Families in Hydrosols, Hydrosol Research, Research translation.
- MODULE FOUR
Hydrosol Energetics Energetics of Hydrosols, Hydrosol Encounter, Milkweed hydrosol, Hydrosols for emotional use, Interview with Florian Birkmayer.
- MODULE FIVE
Hydrosol Monographs Introduction to Hydrosol Monographs, 18+ monographs and more coming!
- MODULE SIX
Methods of Application Methods of Application for Hydrosols, Hydrosols for use with animals, Hydrosols for use with plants, Using Clays.
- MODULE SEVEN
Formulating with Hydrosols Basic Hydrosol Recipes, Hydrosols in Cosmetics, Hydrosols and the Digestive System, Hydrosols and the Respiratory System, Hydrosols and the Female Reproductive System, Hydrosols and the Circulatory System, Hydrosols and the Skin, Hydrosols and the Mouth/Teeth, Draining the Organism, Combining Hydrosols and Flower Essences, Sprout: How to Make Flower Essences with Cathy Skipper, Sprout: Combining Tinctures and Hydrosols.
- MODULE EIGHT
Interview with a Distiller Interview with Christa J. Obuchowski.
- MODULE NINE
Completion of Course.
Who is This Course For?
- Everyone interested in deepening their experience and knowledge of hydrosols and distillation.
- Professional aromatherapists who feel the need to complete their knowledge with a good basis in the use and fabrication of hydrosols.
- Lay people who would like to learn more about hydrosols for home use.
- Professionals and lay people who are interested in medicine making and would like to start distilling themselves.
- Flower essence practitioners and intuitive plant communicators who would like to start making and using hydrosols for their energetic uses and for making flower essences in.
- Herbalists who would like to add to their repertoire of medicine making by including hydrosols for their energetic, physical and aromatic qualities.
- Natural cosmetic or aromatherapy body care product manufacturers who would like to make and use hydrosols in their products.
- Audios with Cathy explaining different aspects of the subject.
- An audio interview with Florian Birkmayer about his use of hydrosols in psychiatry.
- An audio interview with a distiller from Christa Obuchowski from Santa Fe New Mexico.
- Lesson pdf’s and visuals you can print out or download to your device.
- A choice of final paper to obtain the certification.
HYDROSOL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
WAS $325 NOW $199
Class Teacher Cathy Skipper
“I have been distilling for many years. I learnt this beautiful and ancient craft art whilst training to be a herbalist in France and have never looked back. I have explored the use of hydrosols in therapeutic settings, skin care, animal health cooking and even agriculture. Their energetics, subtle qualities and the way they resonate with the soul of the plant remain my preferred way of working with these precious plant medicines.”
“This class really gave me what I was looking for. I had always wanted to learn how to distill and use hydrosols but did not know how to start. The class is jam-packed with information, which is explained in a very comprehensive way. I found all the information I needed to be able to safely buy the right still and set it up. I go back to the course regularly as my main resource for working with and making hydrosols.”