The Alchemy of Menopause
A Unique Online Course that will Transform Menopause into an Opportunity for Growth and Self-Empowerment.
Get the Alchemy of Menopause kit FREE when you buy this course (offer ends 12/21)
A Transformative Experience
Do you want to change the way you and other women experience menopause?
Are you looking for tools to help you make the most of the natural changes that occur during menopause?
Do you feel that there is more to menopause than we have been led to believe?
Are you sick of women’s life transitions being seen as symptoms to be healed rather than doorways to growth?
Do you want to reclaim this powerful transition ?
Do you want to become a wise elder?
Do you believe older women have in important role to play in the changes our world needs at the moment?
Can you see yourself teaching other women how to empower themselves during menopause?
If you have answered yes to these questions read on!
Reclaiming Menopause As Sacred
“Cathy is a master at guiding each individual on their personal journey, as well as reclaiming a sacred menopause for the collective. A deeper understanding, a chance to sit in circle with women, a safe place to explore this transitional time. Cathy shares beautiful tools to aid a magical passage through menopause, allowing your personal true beautiful
authenticity to come up and meet you. If you are a woman, this course is for you.” –anon
“What a stunning collection of reflections, teachings, wisdom, rituals, and guidance through this stage of woman’s journey. Cathy is practicing profound midwifery to women interested in birthing their own wisdom, their own self, in this stage of life.” –Laren
A Nuturing Sharing Experience
“I took part in the Alchemy of Menopause course at a Women’s Centre earlier in the year. The course is well structured around Jungian theory using essential oils for the inner work along with exercises to encourage you to go inwards and dig deeper. Cathy is an amazing tutor who has a deep knowledge of Jungian theory and herbalism. She has a wonderful ability to pull the group together and create a nurturing sharing space. For me the course allowed me to work deeper on areas that needed releasing and created space for me to carry on my journey through menopause with a deeper understanding of my own body. I would recommend the course to anyone who is perimenopausal, menopausal or works in women’s health.” –anon
Uncover Hidden Strengths
“Guided by Cathy Skipper’s gentle wisdom, imagery and poetry and the transformative aromas of specially chosen plant allies I felt reconnected to the truth and power of myself as a women entering my life through menopause and beyond. The ancient art of alchemy finds it’s true meaning in our personal journey – through passing the years of potential motherhood to uncovering our hidden strengths and wisdom and finally finding union within ourselves. We are shown the way through rituals of discovery and honoring, nurtured by beautiful aromas personally chosen by Cathy’s conscious travels along her own path.” – Karen
A Powerful Experience
“Cathy’s Alchemy of Menopause class, was a powerful experience for me both personally and professionally. The experience of being in the class provided me with the opportunity to understand what exactly the alchemical process is. The class showed me how becoming our authentic healed self is an alchemical process. Working through the workbook and the exercises gave me concrete practical exercises to work through the alchemical stages. I started my own women’s circle which we call “Soul Sisters Rising”. This woman’s group has melded into an incredible group of powerful women who are indeed now Soul Sisters. The absolutely most powerful experiences since taking that class is I’m now in the process of divorce, I have purchased my own house, and I went back to Africa to meet the first love of my life from 37 years ago!! It’s just been so profound!” –Sally
“It’s hard to describe Cathy Skipper’s live Alchemy of Menopause 2-day class without using words like “transformational” and “life-changing. This class gave me new perspective, connected me to my inner wisdom and power, and allowed me to work with other women (exclusively) in various stages in their lives, and to learn from and share their wisdom and experiences. This class reframes society’s depressing definition of Menopause into a positive, healthy acceptance and understanding of the shift in life and the celebration of all the good that can come of it. The use of essential oils and other tools takes the work to next level and make it unlike anything else out there designed for women trying to understand and thrive in this stage in their lives. Cathy created a safe and nurturing circle in which we could share our own experiences, and using aromas for support, she taught us some deeply meaningful ways to begin gleaning the wisdom we want to carry with us into our Wise Elder years. This was one of the most empowering and encouraging few days I have ever experienced and I hold it dear in my heart.” –anon
For many women, menopause is something to be dreaded. It is seen as a problem to be cured.
In truth, menopause is the powerful transition to becoming a wise crone.
To make the most of this journey of birthing ourselves into our true, powerful authentic selves and midwifing others, women need information, insights and tools, which this workshop offers.
More than anything right now, our global and local communities need wise, mature women leaders and healers.
With the right tools, a woman can transform her experiences into wisdom, instead of mourning what she is leaving behind. If a woman is able to live the journey to menopause as a passage to her true maturity, she can embrace the wise woman she is becoming.
Aroma and the Alchemy of Menopause workshop will give women the tools to turn inwards and transform the way they view this phase of life. Using Jungian concepts and aromatics, this workshop leads women through the alchemical stages of menopause.
Through creative exercises, it helps women see their needs and experiences during peri-menopause in a new light that makes this an empowering and transforming journey that will help you to:
- Set intentions; define your motives and desires.
- Define and identify the experiences that are going to be transformed into your wisdom.
- Unveil parts of your Shadow, revealing your hidden strengths and talents.
- Work with your inner masculine and explore this sacred relationship in depth. When the preparative work has been done, the seven alchemical stages will guide you deeply and profoundly into your true authenticity and power, revealing the messages and experiences that lie behind hot flashes, night sweats, emotions and sexuality, transforming menopause into an exciting, empowering, transformative rite of passage.
LISTEN TO A PODCAST ABOUT THE ALCHEMY OF MENOPAUSE HERE!
What You Will Learn:
Upon successful completion of the nine modules, participants will have learnt and experienced:
- A deep understanding of the journey of peri-menopause as an important gateway to becoming women wise elders and leaders.
- The seven alchemical stages and how they provide a framework for this transformative passage.
- Powerful aromas/essential oils that accompany women on the alchemical journey towards menopause.
- A new language and perspective of menopause.
- The anatomy of the psyche and what each aspect of the psyche is asking to transform.
- How to face our shadows and integrate them through working with the personal unconscious.
- Meeting and building a healthy relationship with our animus (inner masculine).
- Understanding hot flashes in a new way.
- Accepting our anger.
- Learning how to feel in order to heal
- Loving and inhabiting our bodies.
- The courage to let go.
- A deep understanding of the mother archetype in all her guises and how we relate to her.
- A deep understanding of the masculine archetype and how we relate to him.
- An inner marriage that fulfills our needs for independence.
- A feeling of coming home to the Self, of becoming whole.
- A color PDF of The Alchemy of Menopause workbook.
- 9 hour-long videos – 1 per month during 9 months + an extra introductory video in the first month and an extra concluding video in the last month = a total of 11 hours of videos.
- A weekly email with exercises and advice guiding you through the month’s theme/alchemical stage.
- A private facebook page for sharing and exchanging with myself and other participants.
- A live facebook video per month to answer questions.
- A certificate from Aromagnosis giving you the right to use the workbook to facilitate women’s groups on The Alchemy of Menopause.
- A clay goddess, handmade by Cathy from Taos mountain clay and blessed for each woman is optional and can be purchased at the end of the class for 30$.
- I use a selection of 17 specially chosen oils for the work to help deepen connection with the unconscious. For those people who want to use the same oils, I offer a beautiful kit containing 17 x 0.5ml vials of specially selected oils + 20 scent strip on a velveteen bag for 80$ + shipping and handling https://cathysattars.com/product/alchemy-of-menopause-kit/ . However it is also quite possible to follow the class and not use oils at all or use oils that you have already.
The Alchemy of Menopause includes:
The kit contains 17 x 0,5ml vials of specially chosen essential oils, 20 scent strips and a velvety bag.The cost of the Kit is 80$
The handmade clay goddess is made by Cathy with locally harvested Taos clay. It is pit fired on the mountain and each one is individually blessed. One goddess can be bought per participant for the sum of 30$ if desired, uniquely at the end of the class as a present to one’s newly birthed self.
Is the course all online?
Yes, the course is online. There is open enrollment, which means you can join at any time. Each month a link to a video will be sent to you. Each week you will receive an email with exercises and work related to the month’s video. The video links are yours once you receive them and you will have the emails so if you are not able to complete the month’s work, you can take more time. Begin the class when you want, take as much time as you want and have lifetime access.
Are there prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites for this class.
How do I complete this class to certification level?
When you have completed this class you will be sent details of how to complete the final paper explaining your experience through the seven stages and how they relate to menopause. On completion for this final paper you will receive your certificate that enables you to take this work out into the world to share with women’s circles and groups.
What supplies are included?
A color PDF of The Alchemy of Menopause workbook.
Does the course contain video or audio content?
The course contains 11 hours of video teaching. You will be able to take your time, watch the videos as many times as you like, pause and replay in order to make sure you have captured all the important points.
Do I have to live in the States to sign up?
Absolutely not! Aromagnosis has students from all over the world.
Will I be able to connect with other students?
Yes, the course has a private Facebook group for sharing and exchanging with other students.
THE ALCHEMY OF MENOPAUSE
FREE KIT INCLUDED
Class Teacher Cathy Skipper
“Menopause marks a passage from apprenticeship to mastery. The crone that has embraced the passage of menopause has mastered what it is to be fully woman. Her perspective has changed from receiving life’s experiences to becoming life’s experiences. She has given birth to her own maturity and to herself, finally…”
Guided by Cathy Skipper’s gentle wisdom, imagery and poetry and the transformative aromas of specially chosen plant allies I felt reconnected to the truth and power of myself as a women entering my life through menopause and beyond. The ancient art of alchemy finds it’s true meaning in our personal journey – through passing the years of potential motherhood to uncovering our hidden strengths and wisdom and finally finding union within ourselves. We are shown the way through rituals of discovery and honoring, nurtured by beautiful aromas personally chosen by Cathy’s conscious travels along her own path.” – Karen
(+1) 505 720 4115