Ancient Attars and Sacred Oils Online Class.
“India has a deep and intimate relationship with botanical scents and perfumes as well as spices, incense, aromatic oils and flower garlands used for ritual and as offerings. Even when used for cosmetics or cooking, there is always sacred intention.”
Ancient attars and sacred oils – reintroducing the notion of ‘sacred’ into the heart of your practice.
Deepen your knowledge of ancient attars and sacred oils to reveal your own inner spirituality to help heal, reunify and develop your personal myth.
During this online class, we will work with these precious oils to bring the sacred back into all parts of the Self; physical, emotional, subtle and spiritual.
You will learn how to feel and reactivate the power of ancient knowledge that lies in your hearts and to re-integrate ritual into your life and practice; a sacred and inescapable practice for holistic and energetic healing.
You will discover the signature of carefully chosen oils and attars, their language, how they bridge the material and subtle worlds, how to use them sustainably and how they resonate for you individually
We will be weaving the sacred oils and attars through the following themes during the course.
- Introduction and opening the circle
- History of sacred scent through all the ancient civilizations
- Forms of use
- Fumigations – sagebrush,
- Homemade incense
- Salves and balms
- Oils and hydrosols
- Plant parts used
- Resins and gums
- Attars – what are they and how are they made?
- The soul of the plant
- Molecules of connectedness- the mind and aroma
- Working with the oils as they work through the different layers of the psyche
- Working with oils and their effects on the chakras
- Birth and death – ritual/ceremony
- Body mapping – opening interior spaces
- Aromatic journeys – using scent to write
- Conclusion and closing the circle
Who is this workshop for: aromatherapists, massage therapists, counsellors, healers, herbalists, seekers…
Whilst you wait you may want to visit our website Cathysattars.com and try some of these powerful, ancestral scents.